Friday, April 10, 2015

My Chronic Illness, Illustrated

Back in September, I composed a delightful post titled My Chronic Illness: A Visual Journey. My struggle with Endometriosis effects many aspects of my life. Even though it's been a hellish ride and I struggle to keep it together sometimes, I always try to keep a sense of humor. Laughter is so very important! I'm not so sure about the whole "laughter is the best medicine" bit, but I do know for a fact that it helps with the healing.

Since I published my 30 Day Invisible Illness Challenge, I have been flooded with love and support from friends and loved ones. Unfortunately, my daily ordeals with this disease aren't limited to the month of March. It's year-round. And in this post, I want to detail every day life with a painful, incurable disease-- and I want to make it funny. So, without further ado...

My Chronic Illness: A Visual Journey Part 2

1.) When I realize that I have to go to work/school but I'm sore and tired: 



2.) When a doctor asks if I'll let him/her do a pelvic exam:



3.) When I start bleeding unexpectedly and remember I'm wearing nice panties:



4.) Trying to stick to the Endometriosis Diet: 


(and then one day later...) 



5.) Just when I think I'm starting to get better: 



6.) When a nurse asks if I'm ready to have an IV line put in: 


(but in reality) 


7.) When my pain killers aren't working so I mix a few:


8.) That time my doctor removed my IUD, injected botox into my abdomen and vajayjay, and then stabbed an intramuscular injection into my arm all in one miserable appointment:


 9.)When I'm camped out in the living room with painkillers, a heating pad, and snacks:


10.) When an awful pain flare sneaks up on me:


11.) When my boyfriend forces me to eat breakfast even though I'm nauseous


12.) After I cook a big dinner for company:



No comments:

Post a Comment